From:
Michele Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michele Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:19:56 -0700

7. I have a similar reaction to eggs - it's either an IgG or an IgA
reaction (so the same immunological response as celiac).  The best way
to figure it out is to not eat eggs for 2 weeks - then have scrambled
eggs for breakfast and see what happens.  It is important to completely
eliminate the food from your diet before reintroducing it.
My doctor said that egg sensitivities / allergies are increasingly
common because of the egg proteins present in immunizations
  6.I have a similar reaction to eggs - it's either an IgG or an IgA
reaction (so the same immunological response as celiac).  The best way
to figure it out is to not eat eggs for 2 weeks - then have scrambled
eggs for breakfast and see what happens.  It is important to completely
eliminate the food from your diet before reintroducing it.
My doctor said that egg sensitivities / allergies are increasingly
common because of the egg proteins present in immunizations

8. was probably the mayo...made with distilled vinegar which newbies
react to.  Buy
mayo in a health food store made with apple cider vinegar..or make your
own.

You should also be doing 2 things...get yourself the homeopathic remedy
VERATRUM
ALB 30C...2 pills under the tongue stops gluten reactions ...costs $5 a
vial.  My
md told me this

To build up ;your gut you need to take "the formula"..with each meal
take one
L-glutamine capsule 500mg and one Probitoics complex.  You will feel
better within
a few days and your gut will be healed in 4 to 5 months, as opposed to
5 years with
just a gf diet.  My nutritionist, who teaches grad school, told me about
this..works like a charm.

btw, newbies react to the iffy ingredients....white vinegar, canola oil,
oats......don't even try to cosume them until your gut is healed.  And
of course,
stay off all cow's milk products.  You have leaky gut, which comes with
the
celiac.  Stay off until the gut is healed

9. Yes, I cannot eat eggs.  It is the fat in the yolk that brings on
the gi
symptoms.  I can eat egg beaters, but not whole eggs.

10. You may also want to investigate all the other ingredients in your
mayo. I have gotten sick on some brands. For example: you may be having
a reaction to the mustard which is not always gluten free. Also consider
the vinegar, usually supposed to be gluten free. Also, could it be the
oil? I found out last year that I am also intolerant to soy, so I cannot
have soybean oil anymore (sometimes just called vegetable oil), or I
will have the classic gluten reaction.

  Also, is your jar of mayo uncontaminated? Has anyone else in your
family dipped in their knife and then spread on gluten bread, dipped
back into the jar, etc.? That could contaminate any of your condiments.
I make sure my hubby (who is not GF) spoons out his jam, peanut butter,
mustard, mayo, butter, etc. onto his plate, not the bread, without
entering the jars again with the contaminated spoon or knife. It's
something to consider.

11. That is the exact same reaction that I have to annatto (in many
things like mayonnaise, yogurt, cheese and ice cream) about 12 hours
after I eat it. You might check the labels of the products that you
used -- I recently posted a question on this list asking others if they
had a similiar reaction to annatto and got lots of "yes" responses.
Hope you figure it ok.

12. I have a reaction to regular grocery store eggs, but not free-range
eggs I buy at the health food store.

13. The protein in eggs is very similar in composition to the gluten
protein, so many celiacs cannot tolerate eggs.

SO NOW  I am going to have to watch soy and eggs to look for reactions.
Last time I had scrambled eggs, I had it with sausage and had a
reaction. I assumed it was the sausages, although I checked the
ingredients carefully. Now I am thinking it is the eggs.

This is very informative because I have been g-f for almost 2 years
now, but have not been totally free of symptoms. Now I suspect that is
because of another food intolerance. Thank you all for heading me in
the right direction for solving this mystery!

Michele
Denver