From:
Roy Armour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 18:16:34 PDT

These are my wife Nancy's recipes - enjoy!

Gluten-, Corn-, and Milk-free Bread Recipes

**********************  Plain White Bread  *******************************

1 rounded tablespoon yeast           1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white rice flour               3 beaten eggs
1 cup brown rice flour               1-1/2 cup milk substitute or water
1 cup potato starch                     with 2 teaspoon vinegar added.
1 cup tapioca flour                  1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon xanthan gum

Add ingredients as your bread machine instructions direct. Sift all dry
ingredients except yeast. Because of the volume of dough, I help my
machine mix the dough during the kneading times. The vinegar added to
the milk substitute (I use a soy formula for infants), produces 'sour
milk' - I like the flavor it produces.

**********************  Onion-Bacon Bread  *******************************

1 rounded tablespoon yeast           1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white rice flour               3 beaten eggs
1 cup brown rice flour               1-1/2 cup warm water with
1 cup potato starch                     2 teaspoon vinegar added.
1 cup tapioca flour                  1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar                        1/4 cup real bacon crumbles
1 tablespoon xanthan gum             1/4 cup roasted dehyd onion flakes

Add ingredients as your bread machine instructions direct. Sift all dry
ingredients except yeast. Because of the volume of dough, I help my
machine mix the dough during the kneading times.

***************   Alternatives to Plain White Bread  ********************

1/3 cup roasted dehyd onion flakes, or
1/3 cup dehyd garlic flakes, or
1/3 cup roashed sesame seeds, or
1/3 cup real bacon crumbles, or
1/4 cup each bacon crumbles & roasted onion flakes, or
1/2 cup raisins & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, or
1/2 cup dehyd chopped apple & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Add any one of these to the dough during the first kneading. Allow your
machine to mix the dough, then spoon into greased, small individual-
serving-sized pans for breakfast or dinner buns. Bake in regular oven
for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.