From:
Kathleen Estes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:43:25 EST

suggestion
Once you've  perfected homemade GF pizza, make it in individual sized pizzas,
and freeze
 (after cooking) some for later -- then you can pop it in the oven to reheat
 any time you want a pizza.

 added 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to the dough recipe

I dice and smush some fresh garlic and
 saute it just a little in olive oil, then brush (paper towel will do) the
 entire top of the crust from edge to edge with it.
 Then add my topping.

 Here's how I would do it. After cooking the crust some pull it out, let it
 cool, and put on olive oil (this is an important ingredient. Cover that
 sparingly with a pizza sauce ( I use commercial and add more garlic). Then
 cheese and the other toppings. Then cook.

little olive oil, top with three or four grated fresh cheeses like
Mozzarella, Romano, Asiago, Parmesan. Top with a couple minced garlic
cloves, 5 or 6
freshly chopped basil leaves, and sliced fresh Roma tomatoes.

TACO PIZZA

1 lb ground beef
2 tbsp taco mix
1 c water
2 pizza crusts
  c salsa
2 c coarsely crushed tortilla chips
2 c (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
  (I used co-jack)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 c shredded lettuce

Brown ground beef, drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer,
uncovered, for 10 min; set aside. Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans.
Combine beans
and salsa; spread over crusts. Top with beef mixture, chips and cheese.
Bake at
350 for 13-16 min or until cheese is melted. Cut and sprinkle with tomatoes
and lettuce.

When the kids made their g.f. pizzas, the crust was laced w/ red pepper
flakes & then they sprinkled more over the top.  Seasoning in pizza is a very
personal thing, not everyone's tastes, expectations are the same.  Lately,
I've
been making it w/ Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, left-over cooked chicken breast,
sauteed onions, & jack cheese.  Not Italian, but definitely hits the right
spots
on my taste buds & in my tummy.

As for layering, I put the stuff I don't want to dry out--cooked sausage,
chicken, cooked onion, on the sausage before the cheese...Raw ingredients &
things that need to crisp up or dry out---raw onion, mushrooms (canned or
fresh),
black olives, & pepperoni, on top of it.

Spaghetti sauce--canned or leftover homemade, will work but it has more water
than pizza sauce. I used to make my own w/ a can of tomato sauce & then stir
in (listed in decending amounts) basil, dried minced onion flakes, garlic
powder, oregano, &  red pepper flakes. That needs to cook for a while on
the crust
before being topped. You could use an Italian spice blend, but I like more
basil than organo & onion to garlic.