From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:01:52 -0500

I wrote to Lone Star Steakhouse and got an immediate response. Earlier today, when I was dining at their New Castle, DE location, I looked at their ingredients on the seasoning mix and saw nothing that would contain gluten, except for "generic "spices" .  Today, the waitress came running over to me to say that the chef had to give me a fresh steak, so it would take more time (I wasn't served), because he put seasonings on it by mistake.  She caught him doing it out of the corner of her eye.  (He's not the regular chef.  He fills in on Mondays...so now, I know when not to eat there.) Anyway, when that happened, I asked about the ingredients and she actually took a photo of the huge package and showed it to me.  Then, I wrote to corporate....Here's the answer I got back.  (I did not complain about the mistake, because it was caught and handled graciously.  Could have gone down differently, but that's the risk we take for eating out.)

I am not unhappy with the restaurant.  When I walked in, they gave me the gf menu, before I asked for it.  They know I'm pleased with them.  Today, was just one of those things that can happen..luckily, the waitress was on top of it.

Lin

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We at Lone Star Steakhouse
strive to meet your dietary needs and goals.  Although we are confident
that our recipes can predominantly meet your goals, given the migration
of ingredients in a commercial kitchen, some degree of "cross
contamination" may occur and we disclaim any claim a product or menu
item is 100% gluten free.  If you have a severe allergic condition,
please understand that we do not make any guarantee of purity.

We often receive questions from Guests about why a certain item is not
gluten-free.  Some items do not contain gluten, but might be processed
in a facility that processes wheat or other contaminating products.

Although, other items may appear to be gluten-free, because some items
are commercially prepared they may be seasoned with items that are not
gluten-free. In addition, we often use different vendors in the 40
states in which we operate. Our consultants suggest no spices because
certain spices may contain gluten-related products and/or are
manufactured in plants where other gluten products are also produced. We
are in no way attempting to limit the choices of our guests. Based on
the review of our products by our health consultants we recommend their
suggestions.

We value all of our guests and want you to know your opinion matters!

Holly Felmlee
Guest Relations Coordinator
Lone Star Steakhouse/ TXLC Steak House
*******