From:
"Julie A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 16:27:17 -0600

>No, I've never been able to eat at Chinese restaurants because of the
>MSG. I don't know if it is a Celiac thing or one of my additional
>allergies though.

Some Celiac's have difficulty with MSG.  It could be Celiac related (as some
MSG is refined from gliaden containing foods) or it could be unrelated (MSG
is usually made from beets).  I would vote for the unrelated other than
intestinal dammage makes us more succeptable.

>I have a mundane question. Is celiac pronounce see-lee-ak or se-lee-ak?
>(in the second the first syllable being pronounced like sell)>

I have always heard it pronounced the first way see-lee-ak.  I believe
Coeliac is pronounced cO-eel-ee-ack as well...
     Julie May - Administrative Assistant for Orbital OnLine Services
       Owner and operator of Celiac & Environmental Illness WEB pages
                 http://www.orbital.net/~jmay/index.html
                      Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada