From:
Mona Birk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mona Birk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:24:54 -0500

The information and resources were overwhelming. Many suggested that a
profile of EMA. tTG, total serum IgA, antigladin IgA and IgG be run.
Responders to my question also suggested the use of a good lab with
experience with CD tests as well as a physician knowlegable in CD. There is
a high incidence of false negatives and false positive, due to the fact
that these tests are difficult to interpret.

I was directed to some excellent sites: www.enabling.org/ia/celiac this was
one of my favorites. Other sites that are good were www.celiac.com ,
www.dfwceliac.org , www.aafp.org/afp20021215/2259 , www.delphiforums.com
= this was a good site, although I can't seem to reproduce the web site
address correctly and I have been on this site previously. Prometheus labs
has a site and suggests the same tests as noted above
www.prometheuslabs.com/221dasp?nav=product , another individual suggestreds
the book Wheat Freee, Worry Free published by HayHouse as a supportive book
related to dietary issues.

It seemed that the more I read the more confused I became. There were
articles on GI disorders, auto immune disorders and many of them overlapped
clouding the whole picture as some of the symptomatology is the same. It
was also noted that there are about 30% of undiagnosed celiacs.There were
articles on GF diets being of benefit to ADHD, autism, etc.

I think that understanding all this is an ongoing processes, thank you for
all your responses. Mona