Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 2016 20:23:16 -0500

Thank you to all who responded with great suggestions for us! This is the advice we received...

. Taste of Thai in downtown Ithaca has some good GF options and I've eaten there a few times without any incidents (just make to sure talk to your waiter). Collegetown Bagels is an awesome bagel shop with three locations around Ithaca with gluten free bagels, a huge menu and knowledgeable staff. Additionally, Aladdin's in Collegetown has GF pasta, and although I haven't eaten there yet, I have a friend with a gluten sensitivity who goes there often and has had no problems. Chipotle and Five Guys both have locations in Ithaca and I've eaten at both of them without any issues. The Antlers is also very accommodating and knowledgeable when it comes to GF and I have eaten there before without incident. I'm sure Moosewood has GF options, although I haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet. I don't know anything about food at Ithaca College, however I can definitely give you advice about the dining situation on the Cornell campus if you are interested.

> Madeline's -- a lovely restaurant with awesome food, and even more awesome desserts! You will be blown away by the dessert options. Crazy!
>
> Coltivare -- an equally lovely restaurant. Usually has only like sorbet or ice cream for dessert, as I recall. (Can you tell I like dessert? lol)
>
> Agava -- casual and fun, with a Southwest inspired menu. MIght allow you (and your soon-to-be college student!) to get a better glimpse of the younger crowd in Ithaca. The above two restaurants are slightly more upscale (although nowhere in Ithaca, that we've been able to tell, is formal or snooty -- you can dress pretty "casual" for any of the places on this list). But Agava is def a younger scene.
>
> Waffle Frolic -- for breakfast! GF waffles that you can top anyway you want. A fun place. GF waffles are made on a dedicated waffle iron (they ask you when you place your order if you have celiac/an intolerance, or not).
>
> And you can't leave town without a stop at Purity ice cream -- they have yummy ice cream and GF cones! We always make a visit because my daughter is vegan, and Purity has vegan ice cream too, so everyone in our family is happy!

Istanbul on 3rd Street: Turkish cuisine- delicious and different
Ciao up by the Ithaca malls.  Italian restaurant with gf pasta and pizza
Waffle Frolic on the Common:  A low key kind of place that specializes in waffles, gluten free and otherwise. I go there when I am in the mood for fried chicken.  It's a secret that the fried chicken is gluten free.  For simplicity they only make one kind of fried chicken and don't indicate it  on the menu because they think people wouldn't like it if they knew it's gluten free but it's very good!!  Tee hee.
Any of the Vietnamese or Thai restaurants (Tamarind and Taste of Thai Express on Meadow Street, Saigon Kitchen on State Street, or Vietnam in Collegetown).  I select things like Pad Thai, summer rolls or Pho and stay away from anything with soy sauce.
Mexican restaurants: Old Mexico on Meadow Street or Viva Taqueria at the top of the Common.  Specify corn tortillas.
Indian Restaurants: Diamonds on Green Street or Sangam on Eddy Street in Collegetown.
Last but not least: Moosewood in the DeWitt Building on Seneca Street.  Vegetarian and not particularly gluten free but at least they understand it.

Don't miss Moosewood in the Dewitt building

*******
*******