Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:17:34 +0000

As we all know, celiac disease is most common health disorder in modern
history of medicine. The other fact is that it is virtually unknown to
general public. We feel like second class citizens when we try to eat out of
home. I am gluten free for last 10 years, what gave me second chance to my
life. In my age 72 I have no health problems, living pain free in excellent
physical and mental health. Toxicity of gluten was mystery to me until I
read article by Alessio Fasano, M.D. Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine, and
Physiology Director, Mucosal Biology Research Center University of Maryland
School of Medicine about discovery of hormone zonulin and link between
zonulin-mediated increased intestinal permeability. His dedicated work led
to this discovery.
In my humble opinion if anybody deserves Nobel Prize for his work it must be
Dr. Fasano. We can make to happen by sending email or letter to

IG NOBEL NOMINATIONS
c/o Annals of Improbable Research
PO Box 380853
Cambridge MA 02238
USA
Email: <[log in to unmask]>

For complete information log on:  http://www.improbable.com/ig/nominate.html

This would achieve two goals; Dr Fasano would get deserved recognition and
Celiac Disease would get publicity world wide.

Thank you for understanding and cooperation!
Kevin