From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:41:39 -0500

Just to share a project that our support and awareness group, Suffolk County
(NY) Celiacs, has intitiated.

Last nite we had the first outing of our Celiac Supper Club at a local
Outback Steakhouse.
The plan is that each month we will eat out at a different area restaurant.
We choose restaurants that will be able to accommodate us. They must have an
understanding of gf requirements. Everyone attending understands that they
take a risk when eating out with us regardless of the education and
information that we may provide to a restaurant.

Our goals are-
Have a great dinner out with other Celiacs and their spouses.
Spread awareness of CD.
Demonstrate that we are signficant consumer market and it is worthwhile for
a restaurant to accommodate us.

Our first outing was a smashing success! We had 17 attendees, 5 were spouses
who are not on a gf diet.
I hope that by next year we will be able to tell a restaurant that we can
fill the place when the Supper Club comes to dine!

Next month we are going to a Chinese restaurant!

If anyone is in our area and would like to join us just drop me a line!

Michael Thorn
Celiac Supper Club
Suffolk County (NY) Celiacs