From:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:19:30 -0700

Just called over to Phizer where they make Luden's Throat Drops.  I bought
the mixed berry flavor today *hoping* they'd be GF.

Unfortunately the guy who answered said that although there are no gluten
ingredients, they don't test for it, so they can't say it's GF or not.  I
tried to pry because I know they used to flour conveyor belts, and also to
see if he coulld find out for me whether there will be testing.  Of course,
the guy just had a computer in front of him (I assume) giving him answers to
spit out, so he knew nothing.

I don't mind when something's not GF, I just don't like those CYA answers,
you know what I mean.

So the lesson here is, don't buy Luden's if you're GF.  I wonder if they
know how many GF consumers are out there and that there's a gap in te
lozenge market (I don't want the sugar free Halls because I"m pregnant and
we're warned against too much artificial sweetener).

Bummer.