From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:28:19 EDT

Have you ever wanted to help educate doctors about celiac disease?

Here is your chance.

The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) is attending Digestive Disease Week (DDW)
in Atlanta, May 20-23, 2001. This large international conference has an
attendance of over 14,000 gastroenterologists and other physicians. GIG
needs volunteers to help staff our exhibit for the conference. This is a
busy show.  Our booth manager is from our office and will coordinate
volunteers in the booth. Your role is to distribute materialsa |and
talk. Having persons with the disease staff the booth is very helpfula
|to dispel the myths that no one can follow the diet, the food tastes
awful, and it is a rare disease.

Exhibit hours vary each day, but are generally from 10:00 - 5:00. You will be
provided a badge (required to enter the exhibit hall). You will have time to
visit other exhibits and attend open lectures, when you are not assigned time
in the booth. Physical requirements - standing for long periods. (Names of
booth volunteers must be submitted in advance to order the badges.)

If you would like to help, contact our office as soon as possible at

Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG)
15110 10th Ave SW, Suite A
Seattle, WA 98166-1820
Telephone:          206-246-6652
Fax:                206-246-6531
Website:            www.gluten.net
Email:              [log in to unmask]
Executive Director: Cynthia Kupper, C.R.D. (Certified Registered Dietitian)
    (and she has Celiac Disease) is very willing to work with anyone that
    calls.  Cynthia also has credentials as a former C.D.E. (Certified
Diabetes
    Educator).

Submitted by Nancy
Seattle, WA USA