Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:37:27 EST

Hi all,

My daughter made some wonderful cookies today, I'd like to share. We have a
large family and needed to double the batch.  We also made frosting and used
sprinkles.  They are very cute.  Enjoy    ---Lorraine

Holiday Sugar Cookies

3 C white rice flour
1 t cream of tartar
1 t baking soda
3 t xanthum gum
2 cold eggs
1/4 t salt
1 C butter (cold)
1 C sugar
1 t GF vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients.  Cut in butter until mixture in the size of peas.
Mix the wet ingredients in another bowl then add to the dry ingredients and
mix.  Stir until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl.  Keep in bowl and
refrigerate for 1 hour.  This will make it easier to roll out.  Dust cutting
area with GF flour.  Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie
cutters.  Makes 3 dozen cookies. Bake 12 min. at 350 degrees.

Frosting

3 C powdered sugar
1/3 C softened butter
1 1/2 t vanilla
About 2 T milk

Mix sugar and butter; stir in vanilla and milk; beat until smooth and
spreadable.