Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:39:52 -0700

  Hi- I have been reading the CD postings for awhile but have not written before.  I am a 35 yr. old mother of 5 and was diagnosed with CD just over 2 years ago.   I would like to hear from Celiacs who do not have an outward physical reaction when ingesting gluten.  I haven't come across anyone yet and would like to talk with others like me.   During the first year I was diagnosed I "cheated" here and there before making the adjustment to being 100% gluten free.  I let myself eat regular food each time we went on vacation.  On a cruise that winter, I ate regular food all day long for 10 days straight and didn't have a single symptom.  Please don't send me a 100 emails telling me how dangerous the long term effects are and how much intestinal damage I am doing - I am well aware of all of that.   I just want to know how others in my situation cope ie:  how do I know if I am accidentally consuming trace amounts of gluten if I feel fine and, it is admittedly harder to "resist temptation" when there are not immediate negative results.  Anyone else out there like me?  I am looking forward to any replies and am grateful to have found this connection to other Celiacs.  Have a great day!