From:
JSTmagpie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:12:59 EST

Hello all you dreamers!

And it seems there are a lot of you/us if my responses are any indication: 35
so far. Overwhelmingly it seems, to borrow from Close Encounters of the 3K: We
are not alone. There's a lot of gluten being consumed by celiacs in the land
of morpheus.

Pizza seems to be the most popular dreamtime pleasure. The majority of
dreamers feel guilty/scared in the dream when they realize they've tasted the
forbidden food.

One interesting response said that members of AA - even those with many years
of sobriety - have dreams of consuming alcohol and another likened it to the
classic dream where you are in school for a test you haven't prepared for.

A number of responses mentioned being with family and finding it hard to
communicate their needs, hence  inevitable gluten consumption.

Several people said that they had experienced this is real life while cooking
"regular" pasta and inadvertantly taste testing the pasta to see if it was
done. ( I recommend Pastariso for all, both GF and G alike - no financial
interest in the comapny).

There was a lot of " I thought I was the only one dreaming!" and several
amateur shrinks told me it might be anxiety about staying on the diet or a
period of adjustment. But I've been GF for 7 years and my theory is echoed by
the first part  of my favorite response:

"Dream time is when I do my best power eating--pizza, ice cream,
croissants, cheese cake, etc.  It's always the same drill though. At
some point during the sumptuous feast, I'm filled with terror because
the food is not gf/dairy free. It's unsettling.  Why should my "dream
self" remember anything about gf food?  A dream is a dream."

thanx phee!

Why can't we just enjoy this stuff in our fantasies. At least dream food has
no calories!

Dream on! judy in nyc