From:
Kimberlee Ullner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kimberlee Ullner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 08:55:54 -0700

Call for Recipes:

1-2-3 Gluten Free is running its Recipe Contest. This is your chance to win
$200+ in prizes!!!  Information at
http://www.123glutenfree.com/Recipe_Contest.html

New Product:

1-2-3 Gluten Free® is pleased to announce the release of its newest product – a
fortified gluten-free and allergen-free multi-purpose flour mix which can be
used in place of gluten flour.  Olivia’s Outstanding Multi-purpose Flour MixTM
is fortified with iron, calcium and B vitamins.  This is the first and only
gluten-free multi-purpose flour mix that is enriched.   According to Connie
Sarros, noted cookbook author and gluten-free expert, “In the gluten-free world,
this is a huge accomplishment.”

One in 133 Americans has celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that affects the
body’s ability to absorb nutrients.  While there is no cure for celiac disease,
there is a treatment – life-long adherence to a gluten-free diet.  Sounds simple
enough, but most gluten-free baking products are not fortified like gluten
products are.  When gluten eaters buy flour, it is enriched.  Not so for those
who must maintain a gluten-free diet.  Therefore, many people who follow a
gluten-free diet are lacking in calcium, iron and B vitamins.   To address this
serious need, 1-2-3 Gluten Free has enriched its multi-purpose flour.  According
to company President, Kimberlee Ullner, “1-2-3 Gluten Free is ever mindful of
the nutritional well being of our customers.  We’re excited to be the first
company to fortify a gluten-free flour mix.  My own family has six members with
celiac disease so we are thrilled to provide a product that will help consumers
maintain their health and still enjoy their personal family recipes.”

Cynthia Kupper, RD, Executive Director of the Gluten Intolerance Group and
member of the American Dietetic Association’s Evidence Analysis Team stresses
the importance of making sure that gluten-free consumers have adequate
B-vitamins, iron and calcium in their diets. “Often the gluten-free diet is
deficient in these nutrients and so guidelines for those living with celiac
disease include using fortified or enriched gluten-free products. 1-2-3 Gluten
Free is leading the advancement to improve the nutritional quality of
gluten-free products by fortifying Olivia’s Outstanding Multi-purpose Flour
MixTM.”
For additional information, please feel free to contact us.  Stay cool!

Kim and Carol
www.123glutenfree.com