From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 06:27:13 -0400

I'm one of those people with difficulty digesting complex carbohydrates.
Even large amounts of rice bread will cause bloating and headaches, and
"brain fog".

There are a few of us on the list, and we've had our "behind the scenes"
conversations.

If you find that you gravitate to a low-carb diet, because it works, I
wanted to put this pointer out for you.

Preliminarily, what seems to work (besides limiting the amount of complex
carbos) is your mix of essential fatty acids and a source of vitamin C.

Primrose oil is an excellent source of the EFAs.  If I'm wrong here,
please jump in, but the essential fatty acids are percursors to
prostaglandins, which are analagous to hormones.  They are essential to
your metabolic well-being.

A listmate pointed out that vitamin C maximizes the effect of primrose
oil... with adequate amounts of C, you need less primrose oil.

Preliminarily, with more vit. C in my diet, I am better able to
metabolise my starches.  I would be interested in other feedback.

Pls send comments etc. directly to me & I'll summarize....just wanted to
put that tip out now.

Bec