From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2018 00:46:28 +0000

Thank you to all who replied to my question about Universal Orlando.   We're looking forward to our trip!
Tracey Wolfskill

The following is a summary:

Reply from Universal:

For the convenience of our Guests with gluten allergies, the ThreeBroomsticks™ and Leaky Cauldron™ offers a variety of gluten-free lunchoptions. I am delighted to inform you that Butterbeer™ and Pumpkin Juice™are gluten-free. At this time, all of the desserts sold at Honeydukes™ areflour-based. The packaged candies sold at Honeydukes™ have nutritional labels,including the ingredients, as these products are made outside of our resort.
 We have chefs in residence at eachof our full-service restaurants (Lombard’s Seafood Grille™ and Finnegan’s Bar& Grill at Universal Studios Florida™, and Mythos Restaurant™and Confisco Grille™ at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™) who cancreate meals customized to suit individual tastes and needs. The menus forall our full-service restaurants can be viewed on our website by clicking here.

We are also pleased to provide avariety of gluten-free quick-service options. Universal Studios’ ClassicMonsters Café™, Mel’s Drive-In™ and Richter’s Burger Co.™  at UniversalStudios Florida™ and Thunder Falls Terrace™, Comic Strip Café™, Captain AmericaDiner®  at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™. The managers at any of ourquick-service restaurants can assist with specific menu questions to help youselect appropriate items during your visit.

In addition, food carts throughoutthe parks serve apples, oranges, grapes, and watermelon slices.

While outside food and beverages aregenerally not permitted in our parks, Guests with special dietary needs and/ormedical conditions are permitted to bring small soft-sided coolers containingfood and/or medical supplies. All bags are subject to search prior to enteringour parks.

Other replies:
The Find Me Gluten Free app includes inside Universal. You’ll be able to get GF meals even in Harry Potter.  I had GFpancakes there.
Some people did not feel comfortable with information from Universal and opted for Disney,

The Three Broomsticks Restaurant(Hogsmead) has gluten free offerings, mainly their chicken and ribplates.  Mention your needs when placing your order and a chef will likelycome out to discuss your options with you.
The Leaky Cauldron Restaurant (DiagonAlley) also has gluten free offerings and works much the same way asThe Three Broomsticks but without as many options.
Florien and Fortescue (Diagon Alley) has greatice cream, many of them gluten free (if ordered in a cup).  Again, justmention your needs when you order.
There are many kiosks in Diagon Alley andHogsmead that have fruit for sale.
Right outside Diagon Alley (in London) there isa kiosk that sells jacket potatoes, many with gluten free toppings.

Within the parks it seems every foodvendor/restaurant has gluten fee options, decent ones (not just a plainsalad).  You just need to ask.  Mythos Restaurant on the Islands ofAdventure side has won awards for it's allergy sensitive dining and has anextensive gluten free list.  Finnegans on the Universal Studios side alsohas many options.  We eat at both regularly.  Although we nevermanage it make it there for lunch, Confiscos on the Islands side has options asdo the venues in Jurassic Park.

Outside the parks but in the Universal Orlandoworld, Toothsome Restaurant has lots of gluten free items, and yummy desserts(especially for those who aren't restricted to the gf diet).  AntojitosRestaurant (Mexican food) in Citiwalk is also great for gluten free food. Idon't know about the chain restaurants in Citiwalk (Emerald's, Jimmy Buffet's,Bubba Gump).  I'll bet they have something but since they aren't Universalowned, they likely are not as accommodating.

When you get there, ask for a manager. It worked perfectly and I am avery careful, very sensitive celiac. Made it 5 days without any incidents.
In Orlando, there are Publix supermarkets allover; three in the Universal area.  They sell many gluten free items.

Always go to a sit down restaurant, the buffet / fast food lines get cross
contaminated.

Mythos - is most recommended in the Islands of Adventure side. I just ate at
Lombard's Seafood Grille - Universal Orlando Resort last Monday. The
waitress brought me warm gluten free bread and told me all the fries were
cross contaminated even though they are listed as being GF on the menu. I
bought a burger and had a salad instead of fries. It was good and I didn't
have any symptoms that suggested I was cross contaminated.

Oh, they will allow you to carry in a few small snacks, not a big sandwich.
I carried an apple and a couple of gluten free bars with me in my purse
without anyone saying a word.

      -

      -

Message body
  You won’t have much difficulty.  The Find Me Gluten Free app includes inside Universal.  You’ll be able to get GF meals even in Harry Potter.  I had GF pancakes there.  Disney is great, too