From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 12:42:07 -0500

I called their customer service (800-222-2323) to see for myself what
thay had to say about this product being GF, and just what the
sub-ingredients of beef broth and natural flavors were. The rep (Marion
Jackson) **refused** to disclose what was in these two ingredients,
citing that it was proprietary information which they're sure I would
understand (I don't). But she *insisted* it was GF because her list
said so. I asked if they had tested for gluten. At my request she
checked with the food technologist. He (Andy Melkowski) told her they
do not test ingredients for gluten but rely on the suppliers statements
that they are GF. But some suppliers do not considered HVP to contain
gluten! Andybody with a testing kit want to check this one out??

[log in to unmask], New York, NY
BondCalc Corporation, Tel: 212.587.0097, Fax: 212.587.9142