From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:38:41 -0800

More answers:

Does she have Internet?
If so, you could suggest this person to go to this very informative site:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages/?msg=13802.1
Hope this helps,

People don't want to give up bread, cookies, etc. Ego - there's nothing
wrong with me... Oystrich syndrome... If they don't know they have cd, it
won't hurt them!!!
That's all I can think of. Makes no sense to me.
I was dx 5 yrs ago and we have come light years with the diet since then.
It's not half the problem it was when I worried about vinegar, flavorings,
and a host of other things that we were told contained gluten and don't.
The biggest problem is eating at friends. They try so hard and it's so easy
to goof. And it makes everyone feel bad.
It would be a good post to ask why celiacs think others don't want to know.
Go for it!

Sure, mention it to her and offer to explain further if you wish. You might
think about printing off my Newcomer's Letter and letting her read it. Or
sending it email if you wish, then she could read it or not as she felt
appropriate. Perhaps after thinking about it for a while (a month or a year
or more) she might get interested and come back to you if lines are left
open. Best wishes.

Thank you again for all the great replies!

All the best,
Susan