From:
Pixilated <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:25:39 -0700

Dear Friends,

I am getting ready to prepare some of the flour mixes which are outlined
in Bette's new book "The Gluten Free Gourmet Bakes Bread."

My questions are:

1.    If you can't eat the Garfava Flour because of the Fava beans, it
is suggested that you use a mixture of Garbanzo and Cranberry beans.  I
can make the cranberry bean flour at home, but what is the ratio?  (I
did not find this info in the book, or I missed it)

2.    Some of her recipes list potato "flakes" as an ingredient.  Is
this the same as instant potatoes?  If so, what is a safe brand
(available in So. CA)?

3.    And finally, is that real gluten free bread on the cover (it looks
to good to be true), or did the cover designers cheat and use the
forbidden glutinous bread for looks... "inquiring minds want to know."
(wink)

Thanks for your help,
Lynda Swink
(I'm so excited to get started!)