From:
"Karen L. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:44:04 -0500

Dear folks,

I expect that many will agree with my reply to the following message.
Medicine is not an exact science.  From what I've seen, it is a guessing
game, and the books often disagree (most are probably right- sometimes).

Just because a book says that a test or treatment is safe or reliable,
that doesn't make it so.  I, too prefer a natural product to a synthetic
one, simply because plants were created with chemicals which work
synergistically, and synthetic medicines exclude the enhancing and
protective parts.  Plant medicines have been tested for thousands of years
and synthetic medicines have hardly been tested at all, and primarily by
those with a vested interest in positive results.

The only true answer in medicine is WE DON'T REALLY KNOW!

Karen in Missouri