From:
Bea Vander Heiden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bea Vander Heiden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:47:01 -0800

As there was much interest about my earlier posts about living GF on
Kauai, I would like to add the following:
I took my own bread and cereal, but was able to find GF pasta at "Longs"
Drugs in Kaapa.  Nearby is Papaya's health food store and deli which is
very similar to health food stores in Canada and the US.  We did most of
our food shopping at Safeway, in the same shopping centre as Papaya's.
Our stay on Kauai was unforgettable!  For information about the island and
what things to do, be sure to beg, borrow or buy the book "The Ultimate
Kauai Guidebook" by Andrew Doughty and Harriet Freedman.  It is excelent
and up-to-date.  My daughter purchased it on-line from 'Chapters'.
We hope to go back someday.
Bea