From:
Deb & Eric <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deb & Eric <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:15:16 -0500

Thanks for everyone's informative and quick replies:  Below is a
summary..(please note my comments on Flintstone's and Centrum Kids)

:-)     Whole Foods 365 brand kids multi vitamins.  It states that it is
gluten free on the label.
:-)     Country Life Tall Tree gf calcium supplement; Nutrition Now
Rhino Calci-Bears calcium supplement is also labeled gf
:-)     Gummi vites  can be found at Trader Joe's and regular
pharmacies, Wal Mart and Sams.  Says GF on their label.
:-)     L'il Critters Fruit & Veggie Bears from Trader Joe's
:-)     We order a chewable from Pioneer that is definitely gluten free.
:-)     Metagenics Chewable Multi-vitamin
:-)     chewables from Freeda Vitamins
:-)     Nature's Plus Love Bites.  You have to buy them in health food
stores
:-)     Lindberg Brand Bengal Bites are (nutritionexpress.com) and say
so right on the label
:-)     GNC mega teen vitamins say GF right on their label
:-)     I have gotten Scooby Doo Vitamins in the past and my son took
them without a problem
:-)     Bugs Bunny are GF
:-)     Schiffs
:-)     I have Walmart's 'Equate' children's vitamins (we have the one
w/o iron) and it is marked as GF, lactose free and yeast free.  It also
is w/o artificial sweeteners
:-)     We use one called 'Surf Buddies' that we bought locally (Boulder
CO) at an alternative pharmacy
:-)     Many of you stated that Flintstone's are GF and that your child
takes them with no problem.  However, I feel I must include this
statement from their website."We do not add gluten to any of our
formulas. However, we cannot guarantee that they are 100% gluten free
due to potential trace amounts that could be added or used in the
manufacturing process of the ingredients supplied by our vendors."

:-)     Also, many of you stated that you use Centrum Kids.  On their
website it lists." INGREDIENTS: Sucrose, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate,
Mannitol (wheat),"  I looked at the bottles in my store and they have
Mannitol listed without wheat in parentheses.  I don't know if this is
because they are old labels, and now the website and newer labels have
to list wheat if it's found in the product, or if the older formulas
didn't contain wheat.  Whatever the case. I just got off the phone with
the company (1/24/06 @ 2:00pm) and the representative said that the
centrum kids are   not   gf and the website is correct.