From:
W Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:04:21 EST

I noticed another post about someone trying to help their neighbor save their
own gallbladder, rather than have it surgically removed.

I was wondering if anyone else has had their gb removed and if so, have you
noticed an increase in your symptoms of celiac disease or food
sensitivites/food allergies since gb was removed?

I had mine removed in 1997 (it was black and "tarry" inside, as the doctor
put it) and it seems like my food sensitivites have, for some reason, gotten
significantly worse in the last few years. I have had food sensitivities for
awhile, even before having gb removed, but the problems are worse than they
used to be, in spite of many efforts to help my problem, heal my digestive
tract, stick to special diets, etc.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and/or have you ever heard of
gb removal causing increased food sensitivities as it relates to food
allergies or gluten? (Foods containing fat and cholesterol and spicy foods
are not a problem.)

Thanks,
Winnedbear