From:
Eleanor Symonds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eleanor Symonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:30:35 -0500

Hi,

According to the archives, Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bars are GF.  However, I'm
wondering if this is one of those things that might vary by country.  I've noticed that, after
eating the US-made Dairy Milk, I don't feel well.  I haven't noticed this with UK or Canadian
Dairy Milk, nor with any other brand of GF milk chocolate.

The US Dairy Milk (and other "Cadbury" bars) are actually made under license by Hershey.
They don't taste quite like the originals, and the ingredient listings are slightly different.  I'm
wondering if the "natural flavorings" in the US versions might contain malt?

If anyone has specific information from Hershey as to the GF status of these bars, perhaps
they could post it.   (I'm asking t
his for the benefit of others in this group.  I don't plan to
keep eating them in any case, as something about them is clearly disagreeing with me, and
there's plenty of other chocolate to choose from!)

Eleanor