From:
mindplay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 20:20:36 -0600

Note to Paul Groschen and a Query to the List:

If you're home enough to nurse your own bread, that is always
preferable. That said (speaking as one who is rarely home)...

I have a Zojirushi (the expensive one) because it's programmable. I like
it a lot.

The thing about helping to stir is this (In My Humble Opinion): there is
an OLD notion that gluten-free bread doughs are hard to stir. Where the
heck this idea came from I have no clue but in fact gluten-free bread
dough tends to be mushier than regular dough and by far easier to stir.
(This is why we cinnamon roll fanatics are having a hard time working
out a recipe, but I am working on one!) The right texture for most
celiac bread is a thick batter consistency -- about like chocolate
pudding, and my Zo, for one, has no trouble at all stirring it.

On the other hand, I always am there at the mixing stage to add liquid
until the bread reaches the right consistency, so we're back to "why
bother if I have to help?" question.

Linda Blanchard -- Gluten-Free Gadgeteer
http://www2.basinlink.com/us/mindpla/main.htm
celiac life, cooking and.... science fiction!