Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 16:53:14 -0700

I was not diagnosed with Celiac till after my pregnancy even though I was very symptomatic and suffering from severe malnutrition by the time I delivered. (found that out from an irate dietitian coming in accusing me of being anorexic while pregnant) Anyway I ended up with severe pre-exclampsia and HELLP syndrome (a dangerous complication). I find myself wondering if the uncontrolled celiac was the reason for the numerous complications (including miscarriage of 2 of the 3 fetuses, extremely early preterm labor ect) including the PE and HELLP. Has anyone else had something similar happen? or are there studies out there on this? All I can find are references to poor pregnancy out comes (i.e. miscarriage). I am strongly contemplating another pregnancy but will not go through another nightmare like that but if it was caused by the undiagnosed celiac it gives me hope.

TIA!
Heather

---
http://home.earthlink.net/~naturalmom