From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:14:56 -0700

Hi All--

I've recently noticed posts from people who have had
DNA testing for the celiac marker, but I've not
noticed any information on how to go about having the
test done, what does the doctor need to request, are
certain labs better than others, and how reliable is
the testing?

Since my tests came back as "unconfirmed Celiac," but
with a positive malabsorption test result, I'm wanting
more definite information. I'm too sensitive to gluten
for my GI doc to agree to a challenge, so the DNA
testing is our last option. Though the treatment won't
change, it's possible that a positive or negative DNA
test could impact issues such as insurance, etc.

Can anyone share info re: this issue? I would
appreciate it...I'll summarize if others indicate an
interest.

Thanks.

Ayn/Kansas