From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:06:29 EDT

Hi folks, thanks for all your responses.  Everyone said that Starbucks
regular and decaf coffees were GF, and as for the flavored ones, to just
watch for what syrups are added.  One person said the Rhumba Frappucino was
not GF, but the lattes and mochas for the most part were fine.  But I did get
a helpful response from "Tracey", and I will add her response below.  As for
me, I'm going out to get an iced mocha!

JANHello- My sister works at starbucks while she is going through college. I
have had cd for almost 10 years now - my family knows my diet as well as I
do. So she went through everything and told me what I could have. All there
reg. coffee are just fine. The mochas are fine- I drink them all the time.
But I have them hold the whip cream because she said she thought it might
have it( maybe in the vanilla) so she knows better safe than sorry. I buy
whole been coffee each week and have been doing so for years and never had a
problem.They do not ad anthing during the process. They just roast them. I
had a mocha frappucino today in fact. That is the only one I trust. The
others have to many questions so she said no. She did check out the
chocolate they use. It uses to be as powder from ghirridelli but now they
are actually using the whole chocolate and melting it for use. The carmel
she said to stay away from- she has never been able to confirm what is in
it. I risked it once and tried a carmel machichoto and I did get sick. I
stay away from all flavors- have never asked her to look into them. I am
just thrilled I can go in an order like a normal person. Hope this helps.
Thanks Tracy