Date:
Sun, 16 May 2010 12:01:31 EDT

_http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=128017
0&CAWELAID=109327584_
(http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1280170&CAWELAID=109327584)      I would never have thought of Ace.  Did you see this
pan?
This is a link to a blog on  baking the perfect bread:
_http://www.okceliac.com/blog/index.php/2010/01/17/how-to-make-the-perfect-g
luten-free-brea_
(http://www.okceliac.com/blog/index.php/2010/01/17/how-to-make-the-perfect-gluten-free-brea)
I don't know if this  would be better or worse, but have you tried placing
a pan of water in the oven  at the same time, like beside the bread pan?
RESPONSE FROM  ANNA:
Go down to 350 for 55  minutes.  Bread is done when the internal
temperature is between 190 and  200 so this is a good way to double check it is done.
If the bread is a  little gummy in sections it may be that you need to beat
the dough a minute or  two longer, beating helps to lift the dough, putting
air into the dough.   Also make sure you let it rise long enough, bread
like to rise in 85 degrees and  at that temp it takes about an hour, so if your
kitchen is around 70 is could  most likely take 2 hours.  Also do not try
and put the bread in a warm oven  to rise because this can cause what is
called a false rise, the bread will  double in bulk too quickly developing large
air pockets and fall when taken out  of a hot oven.  But really I think
with the over browning you should reduce  the oven temperature and bake a
little longer.
In my King Arthur Flour  Catalog they advertise some baking pans, USA Pans
that they claim do not over  brown but they are not the Air Bake.
Don't know if that would  help but I have their cookies pans which I love.
I took a GF baking class at the  Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, NY about
a year ago. That chef recommended  putting a pan in the oven on a shelf
under where the bread will bake. When you  put the bread in to bake, throw an
ice cube in the preheated pan. You may want  to vent the over for the last 3-5
minutes but maybe not. It is worth a try.
THANKS AGAIN TO  EVERYONE!!