From:
rick & christie schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 14:20:24 -0500

I was diagnosed with celiac disease four years ago and have a good
handle on what to eat and not eat. However,  my 78 year old mother was
just diagnosed and is having a hard time finding ready-made breads that
are gf and YEAST free. Ener-G only carries two yeast free breads, and
even their soda crackers have yeast in them. My mother lives quite far
from me so I am not able to bake bread and take it to her. Does anyone
have suggestions for her on where to purchase really good gf - yeast
free breads? Also crackers that are more like soda crackers? She doesn't
like the fruit juice sweetened breads, by the way. I would appreciate
any help. She's down to 90 pounds and her weight keeps dropping. We
suspect that she is also lactose intolerant, which adds more frustration
to what she is already going through.

If anyone has an elderly parent who has just been diagnosed, I would
love to hear about how you are helping them deal with the diet.

Thankfully,

Christie in TX