From:
Rosalie Jalbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 16:15:27 -0400

Mara Levin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Rheumatoid arthritis can be a complication of CD, and has been for me.
> I control it by being on a very strict diet (giving up more than most
> people with CD) and with exercises....I don't know if tearing things
> is related to CD. But arthritis can be, and diet can help.

What about loss of cartilage? Could that be caused by CD? Both my sister
and mother have no cartilage left in their knees? My mom I can understand
but my sister is only 48 and the doctors are puzzled about her total loss
of carilage.She has both bones just grinding against each other.

Rosalie

Living in the State of Hope (Rhode Island)