From:
"George V. Spanos" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 1995 19:11:53 -0400

As a parent of a teenager with CD, I was happy to see the question of cancer
risk put into some perspective. (I suspect that a similar argument might be
made for the question of increased risk for heart disease or death by heart
attack for those not on a low cholesterol diet.)

I have read that there seems to be some correlation between CD and certain
autoimmune disorders such as lupus, scleroderma, diabetes, etc. Does anyone
have statistics on this? Is the correlation still valid for those with CD but
who are gluten-free? Can someone explain this correlation and put it in some
perspective so we know how high up on the 'worry-scale' it should be?

Thanks,
--gvs