From:
Susan Alintoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:15:04 EST

I received  6 responses to my request for GF lipliners.
*********
I've recently (July 2004) heard from Avon that these two products are gluten
free:

Beyond Color Plumping Lipcolor with Retinol SPF 15

Beyond Color Nutralush Lipliner with Retinol

I've been ordering the lipliners from my Avon lady at work (they last quite
awhile).  Also, I've been buying Almay Liptints because they have SPF 25 and
are GF.
************
Two people recommended Mary Kay:
I use and sell Mary Kay cosmetics. There are six things that are not gluten
free.
We can use the lip lines and lip sticks. Check the Mary Kay website for a
consultant near you.
***********
One person gave me the number for Aveda (800-644-4831). I called and asked if
their lip products contained any ingredients dervided from wheat, barley, rye
or oats. They said that there is wheat in their lipsticks, but not in the lip
liner. The lip liner is not produced on separate lines, but lines are cleaned
between products.
***********
One person recommended Clinique. Not all of their products are GF, you have
to check by the ingredients.
***********
One person recommended Estee Lauder. I have never had a reaction that can be
traced to this lip liner. It must be safe because I react immediately. I never
checked with the manufacturer. I am only going by experience.
***********
Thank you to all who responded. I did a little searching myself, and found
that
Estee Lauder (which I believe is the parent company) which makes Estee
Lauder, Clinique, Origins, MAC, Stila, Bobbi Brown Essentials, and Prescriptives has
a list of cosmetic ingredients and what they're derived from. I have seen the
complete list on the Delphi Forums website, under Health and Beauty items:
//forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

You may need a magnifying glass, but if you check the ingredients on the
label of any of those products against the list, you can see if the ingredients
are derived from wheat, barley, oats, rye, soy etc and determine if the
particular item is gluten free.

Susan in CT