From:
Alessandra Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 12:38:49 -0500

First of all, I want to thank Mary Elliott for all the useful
information she has been posting about GF living in NYC. I have had a
great GF meal at Picholine following one of her tips and I am planning
to try out more.

I also want to tell about my favourite Italian restaurant in Manhattan.
The name is Paper Moon Milano, 39E 58th Street (T. 758 8600). They have
good appetizers (grilled vegetables, Parma ham and melon), good meat and
fish dishes and good sorbettos to end the dinner, all GF. But, at least
for me, the best thing is the risotto. They always have at least one
kind on the menu, and it is delicious. The staff is very helpful.

I also hear that the Cipriani family is opening something around Grand
Central station. They are a well-known family of Venetian restaurateurs.
They used to have a restaurant in the Michelangelo Hotel, where you
could eat wonderful risotto (risotto is the traditional staple food of
Venice). I'll check it out and report to the list.

Risotto recipes NEVER require any gluten, although you might want to
check, just in case.

I have no connection with either restaurants.

Alessandra