From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:48:07 -0800

Last fall I posted about my husband's health condidion, familial
hypercholesterolemia (a metabolic disorder that causes dangerously high
blood fats that puts people at high risk category for heart disease).  He
went to see a nautopath in hopes that she could help him get his blood
lipids under control without taking Lipitor or any of those other
cholesterol lowering drugs with all the unwanted side effects.  Some people
asked that I let you all know how it work.  Well . . . it worked splendidly!

He had his follow up visit with Dr. Data yesterday.  His total cholesterol
dropped from 243 to 205, triglycerides dropped from 412 to 82, and his
Chol/HDLC (cholesterol ratio) decreased from 7.6 to 5.0.  On every marker he
is either w/i range or just a few points off.  He is really tickled.  His
doctor was thrilled with what he's accomplished.  Here's what she's had him
on since October:

~ South Beach Diet (he's lost 20 pounds)
~ 30 minutes of vigorous exercise 5 times a week
~ Thorne Choleast (over the counter nutritional supplement, contains red
yeast extract)
~ ProDHA (a fish oil supplement)
~ BioLipitrol (over the counter nutritional supplement)

The South Beach diet was really hard at first, but now it's a snap.  It's
nearly gluten free & easily adaptable to just about any lifestyle.  Totally
worth it to avoid being on Lipitor (or worse)!!!  The above supplements (all
GF) are designed to balance fat metabolism and lower cholesterol.  The fish
oil increases good cholesterol.  These supplements can be found on line, at
some pharmacies & naturopathic dispensaries.

Now his doctor wants him now to step things up a bit by increasing his
exercise to 60 minutes a day in hopes that his cholesterol will drop below
200.  That's going to be the hard part, finding the time.

Valerie in Tacoma