From:
Nancy Garniez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:02:32 -0500

Dear List:
Tom's of Maine (I have no connection to this company) makes a GF
mouthwash. I have noticed it priced from $3.99 to $5.24 in NYC.
After complaining to the mgr. of a large chain charging$4.99 I found the
wholesaler was jacking up the price by $1. Yesterday I received the
catalogue direct from Tom's listing the retail price as $3.99.   I
showed the catalogue to my local independent small pharmacist who will
do anything to fight   1)the large chains 2)unfair pricing of any sort.
He was outraged at what is obvious price-gouging by an unscrupulous or
inept wholesaler.  He agrees with me that knowledge is power, and that
the consumer must fight to be respected. Do not pay inflated prices for
this product. If your local supplier is charging the higher price inform
them of the error.
Smile.
Nancy in NYC