From:
Anne Rickaby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:54:45 -0400

Hello listmembers.

Actually, I'm not that interested in parasites - never been anywhere exotic
enough, I guess (although that IS the first question any new m.d. I meet
asks me...)

But something Chris wrote really struck me. Chris said "Medicine doesn't
pretend to have all the answers." Unfortunaltely, I've run into some who
practice medicine - both Western and alternative -  who do, in fact,
pretend this. Unfortunate and discouraging.

More importantly, neither do we, as individuals have all the answers. I
often feel like a thief, trying to make all the tumblers click to open the
lock. Every so often I think I hear a click. It's hard not to feel somewhat
arrogant when I think I've stumbled upon something others have missed. But
sometimes, it's not a 'click' at all - it just sounds like it, if you know
what I mean.

My point? This is a learning process. As celiacs, you and I have been put
into the advanced class, studying an extraordinarily  complex subject under
difficult circumstances. Lucky us :-}

Best of health and happiness to everyone. And sorry for the sermon...

Anne in Cambridge