From:
JGottl6279 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 20:36:45 EST

The following is a bread recipe that was sent to me be a fellow listmember
named Maureen who makes this bread for her daughter; she devised this recipe
herself after many trials and errors. It is free of gluten, dairy, soy, egg
and nuts. The loaf turns out light and fluffy when first cooked, very nice
warm.

The GF flour mix for all recipes is 6 cups white rice flour, 2 cups potato
starch and l cup tapioca starch. I am going to opost it first for a loaf in
the oven and then for the bread machine:

Maureen's White Bread (Oven-Baked

3 cups and 2 tbsp. of GF flour mix (B. Hagman's)
3 tbsp. white sugar
l and l/2 tsp. methylcellulose (from Ener-G or your HFS)
2 and l/2 tsp. Instant yeast (Red Star or Fleishman's)
l and l/2 tsp. salt
l tsp. gelatin

Mix above ingredients in a bowl and set aside

l and 2/3 cup water
4 tsp. Ener-G egg replacer
2 tbsp safflower oil
l tsp. vinegar

Combine all the dry ingredients except egg replacer; combine water and egg
replacer, oil and vinegar,and whisk together. Then mix wet ingredients
together with dry ingredients. Mix the combined ingredients wiith a hand-held
mixer or mix-master. Let rise in a bowl covered with a damp tea towel until it
is about double. Then beat down again until all the air bubbles are gone. Put
in a loaf pan and cover again with a damp

 tea towel  and let rise until dough is near the top of the pan. Bake at 375
degrees for 30 minutes or so until top is nice and brown, not just golden. Let
sit for a few minutes in pan and dump out. Use a no-stick pan but let it sit
for a few minutes before taking out of the pan. If you cut right away, it is a
little munched up but worth it to have hot fresh bread.

Maureen' White Bread (Bread Machine Style)

3 cups and 2 tbsp of GF flour mix (B. Hagman's)
3 tbsp white sugar
l and l/2 tsp methylcellulose
l and l/4 Fleishman's Bread Machine Yeast
l and l/2 tsp gelatin

Mix aboe dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside

l and 2/3 cup wate
4 tsp Ener-G egg replacer
2 tbsp safflower oil
l tsp vinegar

Whisk egg replacer and water together until foamy. Add oil and vinegar (same
directions for the above oven-baked mixture). Pour liquid mixture into bread
pan and then add dry mixture. Put in bread machine with only a few minutes
remaining before machine starts mixing. This loaf seems to work best with a
second rising, otherwise the air bubbles are too big. Before second rising
begins, stir bread batter with rubber spatula to ensure all air bubbles are
removed; should take a minute or two. Some machines only stir about 20
seconds, not nearly long enough.

I tried this tonight for the first time but I made some mistakes and am going
to have to try again. Hope this works for those who try it.

Leslie