From:
dave taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 13:43:26 GMT

List,

Recent requests for information about turkey, especially for the upcoming
holiday, prompted me to seek information from Honeysuckle White Turkey
processors.  I was amazed by the speed of their response, and their concern
and knowledge of their products as regards the gluten content.

Basically, all Honeysuckle White turkey products are GF, whtih the possible
exception of the MSG content in the luncheon meats.  Since we can't read the
labels of the deli meats because they have usually been discarded for
processing the meat through the slicers, Honeysuckle White representative
Tammy Posey suggested we avoid the product. All other products, "Fresh Cut"
and frozen birds are GF, again, except for the gravy packets they place in
with the birds. Obviously, avoid the gravy!

Honeysuckle White has an excellent web site at www.honeysucklewhite.com with
a "contact" tab for easy and quick response to questions. There is also a
list of supermarket chains from Albertsons to Piggly Wiggly that carry theie
products. Happy Thangsgiving to all.

Dave Taylor,  Mentor, OH.