From:
Barrie Rissman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 10:05:47 -0400

I'm having an upper endoscopy on Tuesday in an attempt to get a definite
diagnosis of CD, after a lifetime of symptoms. I understand the procedure is
short, so I guess it can't be too traumatic. If you've had one, would you
mind relating a bit about your experience? Did you experience anything more
than mild discomfort? Were you completely conscious during it? Did you
remember it afterwards, or did you have "amnesia" from the sedation? How
long did it take you to recover, and were you able to resume normal activity
the same day? Did you feel that your digestive tract was more irritated for
a while afterwards?

Thanks for any feedback. I know that a lot of people on the list have had
worse medical tests, but I'm a little nervous about it and would like to
know what to expect.

Barrie