Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:55:01 -0700

Hello all,
    I am in So California.  Yeah! I am so excited. I spent 8 years in Japan, and had a better time eating there. I didn't like soy sauce and just naturally stayed away from it. Go figure!  I was at Mitsuwa, http://www.mitsuwa.com/english/index.html
     a Japanese chain supermarket and purchased some mini-fruit mochi. The ingredients listed do not contain wheat or other products, so I bought it. To confirm before posting this, I wrote to the store where it is produced

and received this from Brian Kito from Fugetsu-do
http://www.fugetsu-do.com/

   Thank you Mary for the email,
 No, there is not any wheat, rye or oats in the fruit flavor or mochi.

 We also have a gluten free lemon mochi cake that might interest you and others with wheat allergies. This cake is not delivered to Costa Mesa, but can be found at our store and at Marukai stores.
 Brian Kito

I do not have any financial interest in either establishment.

Mary

P.S. Not celiac
But Have allergies to:
wheat
corn
tomato
all beans- except coffee and soybean
melons
tree nuts
legumes
bananas
kiwi
cabbage
carrots

Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? The door was open---jump!