Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:11:36 -0600

Heartfelt thanks to all the many responders!

My questions was: What cough drops are gluten-free?

The answers:

>>Robitussein cough drops are listed as GF by the manufacturer.
Luden's were also considered GF on my last call to that company.

>>Cold Eeze is a cold drop but is gf.  They state so on their web site and my
son uses them without problems.

>>Ricola Elderflower sugar free.

I hope Ricola are gluten-free; they are good and I eat them.

>>Ricola sugar free

colds this winter and have gone through at least 3 bags of them. I
thought I remembered someone on this website checking with the company
that it was GF, but I cannot say it is officially confirmed. I am a very
sensitive Celiac and have not had any reactions from these drops. I have
also used Cold Eaze drops without any reactions.
I HAVE had reactions from Ricola, probably from the glucose which can be
made from wheat.

>>I have used gluten-free Robitussin Menthol and Ricola (various flavors)
cough drops in the past.  However, so far this year, I haven't needed them.
Check with the manufacturers to make sure they are still GF before you use
them.

>>You could forget the coughdrop and try hard candy,
or a chewable vitamin C, which is what I do.
A friend of mine called Halls and was given the same info.
Paula
(***I am doing this, using bits of candy cane. It helps, but not as good as I recall cough drops being.)

>> Be careful because the Halls Fruit Breezers are not GF.

>>Try the Robitussin brand. Sweetener is from corn syrup.
Personally, I prefer Bit O' Honey candy!  The honey soothes a scratchy throats.