From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:27:23 -0500

Bought Asian Gourmet Sweet Rice Crisps, Light & Sweet Crisps...like a cooke, packaged 2 in a wrap. Really good. Label says gluten-free.

Yesterday, I saw a spicey variety, also labeled in more than one place, gluten-free, and like an idiot, I didn't read the ingredients list, which says wheat. When they tasted like soy sauce I called the company to question how they can have wheat and be gf. The answer I got was that they had the products tested by a lab and that they meet standards in the U.S. for being called gf, but because they're getting so many calls, they're changing the label.

Interesting that they even knew to say they had them tested in a lab, although I find it hard to believe.

At any rate, they assured me that the plain ones are gf.

Would be a pity if they weren't. They're really good, and the packaging makes it conducive for boxed lunch, travel, etc.

If any of you choose to call them, they're imported by H. L. Benndorf Corp, Medford, NJ at 1-800-257-6174, ext 225. (They'll answer Haddon House, but it's that company.) I live minutes from them.

Linda