From:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 14:57:39 -0500

I want to tell the people on ListServe how wonderful they are and thank them so very much.  I am sorry the Summary is late but I am so busy and I got enough great information that I could write a book.   I got 48 answers to my request for help with lots of good information that I can use, places to look for even more information to use, and articles to read..   I am studying every bit of it and using it.  A lot of people were very kind and told me I could call or e-mail them if I had more questions.  Some had a lot of the same problems that I have had.  You are all a great help in need and kind and generous with your knowledge.

Several told me how to get the right testing to determine whether I am having Celiac problems and that if I had been eating gluten free my blood test would not come back right.  I was just beginning to eat gluten free when he took the test.  However, I am sure that I have Celiac and don't require more testing because ever since going gluten free almost a year and a half ago  the terrible attacks I had have stopped except when I get some gluten unknowingly.

I wanted to get information on what and how much vitamins and minerals I needed because I think that since my doctor doesn't believe I have Celiac he is not giving some health problems that were caused by Celiac the attention they need and (perhaps) just considers them "old age" problems.  Many of you suggested that I change doctors and gave me some ideas about finding one and I thank you.  Some said that the Naturopathy doctors were more likely to know about Celiac.  I know of a doctor in a nearby town who is from Norway (I think) that is quite open to considering health problems in a natural way and am thinking about changing to him.

I was told by several that I needed tests to determine my level of the different vitamins and minerals so I knew which I was low in and I am going to do that.  They said that calcium and vitamin D are essential for bone health and that magnesium is necessary for calcium metabolism.  Also that multivitamins with other vitamins and minerals are needed and I need to be careful of the type of calcium I take.  Many told me about supplements and vitamins they took and what dosage and that was a big help to me even though I know the exact dosage will ultimately depend on what I am low in, plus I also want to check out some of the special supplements that I found out about.   I am taking a Probiotic.  Also, some mentioned that I should be sure to take part of my dosage of calcium before going to bed as it is better to take it then.  It was mentioned that a good nutritionist was needed and a good gastroenterologist, but I know I would have to drive to a larger town to find either one.  Some were favorable regarding Fosamax but most were not.  One who got jawbone problems from it now takes Miacalcin spray.  Some liked Actonel.  One person's fibromyalgia went away on a gf diet.  Oh, I do so hope mine does that!

Also, it was mentioned how important it is to exercise and drink plenty of water.  I used to love to walk but my neuropathy has stopped much of that.  Some told me of special exercises for osteoporosis which I want to find out about and I am trying to drink lots of water.

I wanted to know if anyone knew about Whey Protein Isolate which is a health food and a kind lady told me that it had been very good for her and she had done a lot of research about it and found it was beneficial in anyone's diet.

Best wishes to all of you and God bless you.

Barbara