From:
Terri Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:58:26 -0400

I inquired about the gluten free status of their new Cha Siracha sauce and
this is the answer:] If you read the entire thing, you will see that the
cross contamination they sanitize for is from milk and seeds. There is no
wheat or barley, etc.

We have GF Certification for our facility.  Every product currently made in
this facility located in Winston-Salem, NC is gluten free.  None of the
ingredients we purchase for use in this facility are sources of gluten.
While we do not currently test all ingredients for the presence of gluten,
Suppliers are required to provide a statement in writing, that the
ingredients which we purchase from them are indeed gluten free.  Testing
every ingredient is extremely expensive and there is some controversy about
the effectiveness of the tests.

All three styles of our Green Mountain Gringo® line of tortilla strips are
now Certified Gluten Free.  The Salsas are now certified as well because
vegetables are inherently Gluten Free.

The GFCO Representatives have visited and inspected our facility prior to
bestowing our Gluten Free Certification.

Cross Contamination is prevented in any food processing facility through
the use of strict cleaning and sanitizing protocols.  In our Texas Pete Hot
Sauces and Wing Sauces we use white distilled vinegar manufactured by a
fermentation process carried out by microorganisms slowly optimized through
a natural selection process of corn.  In our Green Mountain Gringo® Salsas
we use apple vinegar.

The products listed below are made in our Winston-Salem facility:

Texas Pete® Hot Sauces (Original, Hotter and Garlic)

Texas Pete® Seafood Sauce

Texas Pete® Buffalo Chicken Wing Sauces (Mild, Extra Mild, Hot, Retail -
17.5 oz., and Restaurant Blend)

Texas Pete® Honey Mustard Sauce (Best By Nov, 2006 and later)

Green Mountain Gringo® Salsas (Mild, Medium, Hot, Roasted Garlic and
Roasted Chile)

The products listed in this second list below are gluten free and are made
in other facilities using strict cleaning and sanitizing protocols to
prevent cross contamination:

Green Mountain Gringo® Tortilla Strips - Original, Made with Organic Blue
Corn and Made with Organic White Corn

Texas Pete® Hot Dog Chili

Texas Pete® Green Pepper Sauce

Texas Pete® Chipotle Hot Sauce

CHA! by Texas Pete® Hot Chile Sauce (Sriracha)

Publix uses our Texas Pete® Extra Mild Wing Sauce in their Delis.

The facility in which Green Mountain Gringo® Tortilla Strips are processed
does not utilize/process peanuts or other nuts.  Our Green Mountain Gringo®
Tortilla Strips are made in a facility that also does not use dairy, eggs,
peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, wheat or any grains that contain
gluten.  These strips are made on equipment shared with milk and seeds
(cotton, poppy, sesame, sunflower), but we have a strict protocol for
cleaning after an allergen has been processed on the line.  There is no
milk allergen present in the strips themselves.  Our manufacturer follows
established cleaning protocols.  Allergen products are run at the end of
the shift; then sanitation is informed there was a product run containing
an allergen so that they clean the line accordingly.  After sanitation
finishes with the wash down for the line, a QA Tech inspects the line for
any residual signs of product or seasoning.

Ms. Collins, this information might help you on your meal prep.  I hope I
have answered your question sufficiently.  Should you want more
information, please do let me know.   And thanks for writing to ask!

ann

Ann Garner Riddle

President

TW Garner Food Company