From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:14:07 -0500

I have been on Prevacid and other heartburn/acid reflux medicine for over 20 years and would like be get off of the prescription meds.  Before being diagnosis with celiac 7 years ago, I was told by different doctors that it was heartburn, acid reflux, bleeding ulcer, etc (of course none of doctors ever suggested scoping the stomach to see what was going on).  After 7 years of being on the gluten free diet, I am still not able to eat a bowl of lettuce or any raw vegetable including carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, etc.  It just tears my stomach up and I am in awful pain for a couple days.  I have had my stomach scoped a few times over past 7 years since going gluten free but all the doctor can tell me is to take the prescription meds.  At one point he said the nerve endings in my stomach were firing too much and put me on an antidepressant, which I didn't need at all.  No matter how plain and bland my diet, I still have pain, heartburn, gas, etc.  I have read about taking apple cider vinegar with or without baking soda in a glass of water.  Was just wondering if anyone has had any success in using the apple cider vinegar remedy in place of prescription medicines.  If I decide to try the apple cider vinegar, should I continue with the Prevacid for a week and then slowly eliminate the Prevacid?

Thank you in advance for any experiences you have had.

Rita