From:
Michael Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 19:59:23 -0700

My celiac son is 7 1/2 now.  I nursed him for 16 months.  His first massive
"blow-out" was 12 hrs. after birth.  The nurse wanted to know if the baby
had wet.  She had to come and see for herself, not believing that there
was no way to tell.  The baby proceeded to have messy diapers.  In fact
the first diaper that wasn't dirty was three months later.  We struggled
to keep his poor skin from bleeding.  Of course everything else followed:
the low weight gain, severe eczema, crankiness beyond reason.  We're
happy to have him GF for 6 yrs. now.  I fear what may have taken place
had I NOT  been nursing him though!
Janet
Modesto California