Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:06:20 EDT

I was recently talking to my friend who lives in Japan.  When I was talking
to her about being diagnosed with Celiac and explaining everything, she
mentioned that she has a friend who gets a rash whenever she eats the things I
mentioned (wheat, rye, barley, & oats) before she exercises.  I told her
that there
was a skin condition associated with Celiac called DH (I spelled it out for
her) and that her friend should probably be tested.  I told her I'd email her
information about DH and Celiac for her friend.  I've sent her the general
info,
but I was wondering if there was anyone who might know how to go about
getting a diagnosis of Celiac in Japan.  I realize that Celiac is uncommon for
Asians, so I don't know how much the doctors there know about it (although
I do not
believe it is possible that it is less than the doctors in the US!!!).  I'd
appreciate any advice or information I can pass on to my friend- especially
from someone with experience in this area.  Thank you!

~Eleis in NY