From:
Yourfirstname Yourlastname <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 17:19:40 EDT

This is my first post, so please bear with me. I have been reading the posts
now for several weeks, with much interest.

I have had a blood test positive for celiac and I am on the diet now for the
last 2 months. I have undergone 2 scheduled biopsy's for celiac. The first
one my doctor found Barrett's Esophagus. He took so many biopsy's of the
esophagus that he could not take any more for the celiac. but he told me to
go on the diet. On May 2nd, I did another follow up biopsy for the Barrett's
and celiac. however, my doctor forgot to do the biopsy for the celiac! He is
very sorry for the mistake. But my question is this: Now what do I need to
do?

He wants to do another endoscopic biopsy in another year. I need the
paperwork on celiac now. I am recovering from cancer and various other
health conditions and do not work much and have no health insurance. I
am trying to get services for basic living (food, rent help) as well as
other. The nurse is pushing me to do the esophageal surgery now because
it is cheaper in the long run, and I do not have the money for treatment
to keep myself in the life long Barrett's stage. (I have a higher risk
then others for this to go into esophageal cancer) The diet is working
and I have no desire to go off. Any help, suggestions, or comments would
be greatly appreciated. I will summarize responses.  I have another
question, but will wait for now on that.

Thanks,
Mary Rosser/  Central Texas